Do you want to learn how it rains? This is the perfect hands-on science activity to see just how awesome weather can be!
What You’ll Need:
- Food coloring
- A clear jar
- Shaving cream
- Plastic pipettes
- Mix a few drops of food coloring into some water and set it aside.
- Fill glass jar about 3/4 of the way full with cool water.
- Make a fluffy “cloud” on top of the water using shaving cream.
- Suck up some of the colored water into pipette.
- Gently squirt it on top of the shaving cream cloud.
- Watch as the first drops of colored rain make their way through the cloud and drop into the water underneath.
This project was inspired by an activity here.