Help improve your child’s fine motor skills by creating a forest of pasta trees! Use toys from around the house to create a scene your child will be excited about. Placing the pasta on the straws will help stimulate your child’s fine motor skills while simultaneously peaking their creativity in designing their own forest.
What you need:
- Rigatoni pasta
- Plastic straws
- Construction paper
- Action figures, plastic animals (optional)
- Markers (optional)
- Using your playdough, create a few “soil” mounds on a piece of construction paper, making sure to have the playdough thick enough to support your pasta straw trees.
- Place 3-5 straws into the playdough, spaced apart from one another.
- Have your child feed the rigatoni pasta pieces through the straws.
- Add action figures or plastic animals to complete your forest scene!
- Your child may also want to expand their creativity by coloring water or rocks on the construction paper.
Inspired by Raising Dragons’ Straws, Pasta and Playdough Activity.