Finger painting can be a great sensory experience for young children, but if you haven’t tried it yourself for a while you may be surprised to remember how fun it is for ‘kids’ of all ages!
This painting project uses painter’s tape for a fun twist.
What you’ll need:
- Painter’s tape
- Canvas or heavy paper
- Finger paint (or, you can substitute other types of washable paint and brushes)
What to do:
- Use the painter’s tape to spell your child’s name on the canvas. You can also make shapes or designs with the tape. Be sure it adheres smoothly to the canvas so paint doesn’t sneak in under the tape.
- Let your child paint on the canvas. This part is up to them – a great opportunity for creativity!
- Let the paint dry completely.
- Remove the painter’s tape.
You can also add glitter, sequins, sparkles or other decorations to your child’s artwork.
Inspired by an activity from Adventures in Pinteresting.
Other Camp Little Victors art and craft activities: