Create your own ocean water foam and have fun exploring creatures that live in the water.
What You’ll Need:
- Large bin or container
- Dish soap (preferably blue in color so you don’t have to dye the mixture)
- Small box or container of cornstarch
- Blue food coloring (if your dish soap is not already blue)
- Hand mixer or immersion blender
- Ocean animals/figurines/bath toys, depending on child’s age
- Step 1: Fill up your large bin or container halfway with water.
- Step 2: Add 2 cups or so dish soap and the entire container of cornstarch. Add in blue food coloring to dye the mixture blue, if it is not already blue in color from the dish soap.
- Step 3: Have an adult use a hand mixer or immersion blender to blend the mixture together until it becomes thicker and foamy.
- Step 4: Toss in your ocean animals/figurines/bath toys. Observe how the foam coats the animals and discuss what happens during an oil spill, or create a hurricane in the “ocean” by mixing the foam quickly in a circular motion. Have fun exploring the animals that live in the water!