If you’re looking for a variation on the usual ice cream indulgence, try out this fun hands-on twist. Try playing music to turn the bag-shaking step into a mini dance party for your whole family!
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup whole milk or half and half
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup rock salt
- pint size plastic bags
- quart size plastic bags
- Put first three ingredients into a pint size plastic bag and seal.
- Fill a quart-sized resealable bag half way with ice. Add in the salt.
- Put the sealed pint size bag in the quart bag.
- Seal the quart size bag and shake for 10 minutes or until the liquid looks like ice cream.
- Eat the ice cream right out of the bag or snip a corner of the bag with scissors and squeeze the ice cream into a bowl.
- This can be a great opportunity to add fresh blueberries, strawberries or peaches, also – don’t be afraid to experiment with any fresh fruits that your kiddos are interested in!
Check out other recipes from Camp Little Victors: