It doesn’t get much easier than this! A granita is an Italian-style frozen dessert made using the juice of a ripe fruit. This healthy watermelon granita brings all the cool, refreshing relief of a frozen treat with just a few stirs midway through the freezing process.
- 4 cups cut up seedless watermelon
- 2 tablespoons stevia sweetener
- Juice from ½ lime
- Place ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into a shallow dish. Using a shallow dish speeds the freezing process and makes it easier to stir up the granita midway through the freezing process.
- Freeze for up to 2 hours, breaking up the ice crystals with a fork every 30 minutes or so.
- Once the mixture is frozen to a slushy and crunchy consistency, transfer into serving dishes and enjoy!
Check out other recipes from Camp Little Victors: