Making bath bombs can be a fun way to liven up bath time! This galaxy bath bomb activity will make your bathtub seem like an out-of-this-world oasis.
What You’ll Need:
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oil (almond or other)
- Food or soap coloring
- Rubber band
- Bath bomb mold (can be a plastic ornament or something similar)
- A few drops of essential oil (OPTIONAL)
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl (baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch).
- Add oil (almond or other) slowly to the bowl, drop by drop.
- Add essential oil (OPTIONAL).
- Divide mixture into several smaller bowls.
- Add a different color to each bowl by adding one drop at a time.
- Coat your mold lightly with oil.
- Fill both sides of your mold with the mixture.
- Close mold and twist both sides together.
- Wrap a rubber band around the mold to make sure it says closed.
- When you open your mold, don’t twist. Pull apart slowly with your finger nails.
- When ready to use, drop the bath bomb in your bathtub!
This project was inspired by an activity here.