Yogurt + Bananas = Tasty! Try out this delicious and nutritious treat!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 cup yogurt of your choice
- Pastry cups
- Handful of dried banana chips (optional)
- Lay out about 12 cupcake cases or silicone muffin cups on a small baking sheet or tray.
- Peel the banana and place on a plate.
- Mash up banana until most of the lumps have gone.
TIP: Young children might find this step easier to do with a potato masher if you have one.
- Put the mashed banana into a bowl and dollop in the yogurt. Whisk together until well combined.
- Using a spoon, scoop some yogurt and banana mixture into the bottom of each pastry cup.
- Top with the banana chips, if using.
- Place the cups (still on the baking tray) into the freezer and leave to freeze for a couple of hours until set solid.
- Use favorite low-fat or full-fat yogurt based on your child’s individual needs.
- To make dairy-free, use your favorite dairy-free yogurt alternative.
This tasty treat was inspired by a recipe here.