This craft project is a great way to help kids create beautiful, colorful artwork in a free-style, creative format.
What you’ll need:
- Acrylic paints in tubes or small bottles
- Clay pot or pots (any size will work, but the larger the pot the more paint you will go through!)
- Wax paper
- Newspaper or a drop cloth to catch drips and drops
- Spread newspaper out to cover your workspace.
- Put a sheet of wax paper down so your pot will be easy to remove after the paint dries without getting bits of paper stuck to the rim of the pot.
- Place your clay flower pot upside down on the wax paper.
- Using your first selected color, squeeze the paint bottle gently so that the paint drips from the pot’s edge down the side of the pot.
- Alternate colors one after another, without letting the colors dry between each one.
- Allow the pot to dry overnight, then carefully peel the wax paper away.
- You can add glitter or other decoration if your child chooses!
Other arts and crafts activities from Camp Little Victors: