Get your kids dreaming about breakfast with this delicious morning treat they’ll start preparing before bedtime.
- 1⁄3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt (avoid vanilla or other flavored yogurts which often contain added sugars)
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons blueberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds, raw or toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon honey or real maple syrup
- Canning jar or other container with a tight fitting lid
- Put all the ingredients in the jar.
- Stir all ingredients together, or screw the lid on and shake the jar to mix the ingredients.
- Place the jar in the refrigerator overnight.
- When you wake up, your creamy treat will be ready to eat.
Inspired by a recipe from Chop Chop Magazine.