Who doesn’t love flying like a bird? Well, if you’re one of those people who always wanted to be up in the clouds, this clothespin airplane craft is the next best thing!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Clothespin
- 2 Jumbo Craft Stick
- 1 Popsicle Stick
- 1 Button
- Hot Glue Gun
- Markers and/or paint to decorate
- Cut the jumbo craft sticks into 3 equal pieces, making sure the two outer pieces are equal length. You will use the two outer, rounded sides from each for the plane wings.
- Cut the popsicle stick into 3 pieces, making sure the two outer pieces are shorter than the middle piece. The longer middle piece will be cut in two later on (step 8) and used as the propeller blades.
- Color the jumbo craft stick pieces, popsicle pieces, and clothespin using markers or paints.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue the jumbo craft sticks to the center (or center-front) of the clothespin, making the plane’s wings.
- Turn the clothespin upside down and repeat with the two remaining jumbo craft stick pieces, so they’re even with the wings on the opposite side of the clothespin.
- Using the hot glue gun again, glue the two outer ends of the popsicle stick to the top back end of the clothespin.
- Take the long middle piece leftover from the popsicle stick and cut it in half.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue the two pieces of the popsicle left into an X. This makes your plane’s propeller.
- Then, use the hot glue gun to glue the button onto the center of the propeller.
- Next, use the hot glue gun to glue the propeller to the front of the clothespin.
- Once the glue has dried, it’s time to fly!
This project was inspired by an activity here.