Try this fast and simple recipe for a grain-free and protein-rich snack! Our healthy twist on cookie dough is using chickpeas, which provides many health benefits and is a great source of plant-based protein.
What you’ll need:
- 1 can chickpeas, skins removed, patted dry
- 1/3 cup Sunbutter (or natural peanut butter)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey (or agave nectar)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Blender or food processor
Step 1: Add chickpeas, Sunbutter (or peanut butter), vanilla extract, and honey/agave nectar in a blender or food processor.
Step 2: Blend mixture until it’s a fine puree.
Step 3: Place mixture into a large bowl and fold in mini chocolate chips. Enjoy!
Bonus: Pair with animal crackers or pretzels to make eating fun!