Work together to color, cut and fold your flowers, and watch your flower "blossom" in water.
What you’ll need:
- Drawing materials: washable markers and/or colored pencils
- Fill your bowl with water and set aside.
- Use a marker (color of your choice) to create a circle center for your flower on a piece of paper, being mindful to leave room for your petals. You can free hand or use a circular object to trace a perfect circle.
- Draw the flower petals around the circle.
- Get creative and decorate your flower in any way you like. You may choose to make two or three!
- Once finished, cut out your flower with your scissors.
- Fold the petals gently towards the center of the flower. The ends of the petals should be touching together in a tee-pee like shape.
- Place your folded flower bud(s) into a shallow bowl of water and watch it (them) blossom!
Activity courtesy of Raja Aossey, Art Therapist at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital.