S’mores are a summer campfire classic, but we’ve got a special twist for you that’s still every bit as fun as the original, but with some yummy AND healthy twists! Best of all? You don’t even need a campfire!
What you’ll need:
- Bananas, ripe
- Aluminum foil
Optional toppings, such as:
- Miniature chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- Chopped pistachios (optional – not allergy friendly!)
- Chopped dried cherries or cranberries
- Crushed graham crackers
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice bananas down the middle and place in the center of a generous sized sheet of foil large enough to wrap the banana up with after you add toppings.
- Top each banana with your preferred combo of ingredients. This is a great way to let your kids experiment with different flavors! The key to keeping your s’more healthy is using the items in miniature sizes and in small quantities. A little flavor will go a long way, and you don’t need many marshmallows for that gooey effect.
- Seal the foil and place each s’more on a baking sheet.
- Bake 6-8 minutes until the chocolate and/or marshmallows have melted and the bananas have softened slightly.
- Carefully open the foil and add any additional toppings. Honey, for example, may be a good ingredient to drizzle lightly on your banana after baking.
- Let your s’more cool a little until safe to eat, then enjoy!
Other food activities and recipes from Camp Little Victors: