These frozen banana pops are a delicious summer delight. Your kiddo may feel like he’s eating ice cream, but these pops are a healthy treat that even mom and dad will look forward to. The best part? Your Little Victor can get in on the fun – these treats are easy to make, too! Experiment with rolling the bananas in different toppings – the sky is the limit!
What you need:
- Bananas (2 bananas make 4 pops)
- Yogurt of choice (low-fat traditional, soy, almond based, greek – whichever you prefer!)
- Popsicle sticks
- Toppings – try granola, crushed graham crackers, mini chocolate chips, coconut shreds, crushed pistachios, etc).
- Parchment paper or wax paper
What to do:
- Place your toppings in individual shallow dishes or on plates.
- Peel the bananas and cut in half.
- Carefully insert a popsicle stick into each banana half.
- Dip the banana into the yogurt, or coat the banana with yogurt using a knife or small spatula.
- Roll the yogurt-coated banana in your preferred toppings, or sprinkle the toppings carefully over the banana. Start with the granola or graham crackers, then move on to other toppings. You may find that placing the chocolate chips by hand helps them stick better.
- Place the coated pops on a parchment or wax-paper lined tray and freeze for two hours.
- Seal uneaten pops in zippered plastic bags and keep in freezer.
Other Camp Little Victors recipes: