Follow the steps below to create delicious mini banana pancakes. With the addition of turkey bacon strips, get creative and shape your pancakes into balloons to round out your week of balloon fun.
What you’ll need:
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- ½ cup of soy milk
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ cup of blueberries, optional
- 4 slices of turkey bacon, optional
- Lite maple syrup, optional
Serving size: 1 batch makes 9 mini pancakes
- Prepare four slices of turkey bacon according to package directions.
- Cut turkey bacon into skinny strips using a pizza cutter or knife, set aside. These will be used as your balloon strings.
- Mash the two ripe bananas in a flat bowl using a masher or a fork.
- Stir in oats, soy milk and cinnamon with the bananas until well combined.
- Place mixture in a blender or food processor until oats are broken down and mixture is smooth.
- Heat greased griddle or non-stick pan over med-low heat.
- Put 2 tbsp of batter per pancake being careful not to overcrowd your griddle or pan.
- Place blueberries in batter right away (if using)
- Wait until batter starts to bubble (3-5 mins), then flip and continue until cooked through (another 2-3 mins)
- Assemble your pancakes on a plate using the turkey bacon as balloon strings and enjoy!
Inspired by 3 Ingredient Pancakes