Participants in the Partners in Pediatric Care CME will learn how to better integrate primary and subspecialty care for children with acute or chronic disease.
At the conclusion of this conference, participants will be able to:
- Review current management of type 1 diabetes in children and understand the role of new technologies.
- Review clinical presentations of thyroid disorders and practices that can be implemented in pediatric care.
- Identify early indications of precocious puberty and strategies for collaborative management.
- Identify key findings for primary care providers to follow individuals with coarctation of the aorta and single ventricle conditions after surgery.
- Review current diagnosis, treatment and long-term management guidelines for Kawaski disease.
- Understand the basic pathophysiology, classification, new pharmacological agents and general treatment strategies of asthma.
- Recognize health indices, measures of health disparities and review advocacy efforts on behalf of Michigan children.
- Understand current evaluation, non-pharmacologic and pharmacologic management of pediatric anxiety.
- Understand evidence based screening measures, the evaluation process, and early management of autism spectrum disorders in youth.
- Review criteria and comorbid considerations, current medication treatments and behavioral recommendations for home and school management of an ADHD diagnosis.
- Describe at least two medications used for prevention of migraines in children, including their doses and potential side effects.
- Identify tips for managing common sports injuries in children.
- Review key strategies in managing inflammatory bowel disease in children.
Accreditation and Credit Designation
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 7.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits™. Physicians should claim on the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Registration and Information
Online registration is now closed. Onsite registration will be available at the Kensington Hotel on the morning of the course. Please plan to pay by check. Credit cards will not be accepted.
Questions? Call M-Line at 800-962-3555 or email us.