- Spiritual counseling
- Requested ritual support: prayers, communion, anointing, baptism, blessing, reconciliation
- Spiritual assessment
- Scheduled worship services
- Regular spiritual care contacts and consultations
- Patient, family and staff care and support
- Educational in-services on spiritual and religious issues
- Participation in ethics consults, family conferences and interdisciplinary rounds
- Liaison with community clergy and faith communities
- Crisis intervention consultation and support
- Bereavement consultations
Chaplains are available in the hospital Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday-Sunday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Outside of those hours, an on-call chaplain is available. Call 734-936-4041 for more information.
The University Hospital chapel is located on the second floor of University Hospital, room 2A215. The Mott Children’s Hospital and Voigtlander Women’s Hospital chapel is located on the second floor, room 2780. Both are open 24 hours a day. There are also Quiet rooms in the Cardiovascular Center located on:
- Floor 2 Room 2501
- Floor 2A Room 001B
- Floor 4 Room 4141
- Catholic Mass: Sunday 11 a.m. in the University Hospital Chapel, room 2A215
- Monday through Friday: please call the spiritual care office for day and times.
- Holy days: Please consult staff for service schedule
- Islamic Jum’ah in the University Hospital Chapel Friday 1:30 -2 p.m.
For more information Spiritual Care Department University Hospital, Level 2, Room 2A220 734-936-4041