Designed by families and health care professionals, the Wayne and Shelly Jones Family Center is a place for inpatients, outpatients and their families to learn, relax and become advocates for their health care.
Staff and volunteers provide information, education, support, and help to foster a cooperative relationship between a family and their health care team.
The Family Center offers:
- A comfortable environment where a family can take a break, relax, and ask questions or directions
- A consultation room for private conversations, prayer, breast feeding, or solitude
- Books, magazines, DVDs, games, cards and puzzles for adults, teens and children
- Educational materials, pamphlets and audio/visual recordings
- Internet access, printing, fax, phone charging
- Scheduled classes and tours
- Special events such as art workshops, science programs, storytelling, and music programs
- Sibling drop-off program
- Information about joining the Patient & Family Centered Care Volunteer Program
Weekly activities include:
- Flower therapy: select Wednesdays, 1 to 3 p.m.
- Community partner activities: Thursdays, hours vary
- Cupcake therapy: Fridays, 1 to 2:30 p.m.
Off-site Excursions Offered through the Family Center
A number of convenient attractions are available just a short distance from the hospital. Ask a Family Center staff member for more information.
- The U-M Museum of Natural History offers free admission, is open every day, and has Michigan’s largest dinosaur display.
- The Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum offers free admission to Mott families. See a Family Center staff or volunteer for admission information.
- Nichols Arboretum is located just around the corner from Mott and offers beautiful walking trails.
- The Ann Arbor YMCA offers free day passes to Mott families.
- The Leslie Science Center offers outdoor educational experiences and is open every day.
- The Ann Arbor District Library offers free story-time and a variety of activities for kids of all ages.
Contact the Family Center
The center is open 7 days a week. Call 734-936-8253 for hours and additional information.