Located in the lobby (on level 2) of C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital and Von Voigtlander Women’s Hospital, the Wayne and Shelly Jones Family Center was designed by families and health care professionals as a place for inpatients, outpatients and their families to relax, connect with other families, and learn how to become a partner in care.
Whether you are waiting for a loved one in surgery, needing a break from the hospital room, passing time between outpatient appointments, waiting on the birth of a baby, or letting siblings blow off a little steam, we are your destination.
The Family Center offers:
- A comfortable no poke, no procedure environment where a family can take a break and relax, including a cozy fireplace zone
- Staff and volunteers to ask questions and help you find your way in the hospital and around town
- Books, games, cards and puzzles for adults, teens and children
- Internet access, printing, fax, phone charging
- Special events such as art workshops, science programs, storytelling, and music programs
- A woodland camping play experience complete with camper and grill.
- A Get Connected board filled with hospital and community resources
- A craft-of-the-day, every day!
Contact the Family Center
The center is open Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. For additional information, please call 734-936-8253 or email [email protected].