Top of the pageLearning Center
Advance Care Planning
Learn about advance care planning
Advance care planning means that you plan ahead for your future health care. Even if you're healthy, it's important to make a plan in case the time comes when you aren't able to make decisions for yourself. If you have a serious health problem that is getting worse, making decisions now about end-of-life care can make things easier for you and your family. Clearly stating your wishes can help ease your mind. Our topics provide information about advance care planning, so you and your family can make sure you get the care you want.
Find out more about planning for your health care in topics such as:
- Advance Care Planning for Your Child
- Advance Directive: What to Include
- Caregiver Support: Talking About Advance Care Planning
- Choosing a Health Care Agent
- Complications of Grief
- Coping When Your Child Is Near the End of Life
- Dementia: Legal Issues
- Diabetes: Making Medical Decisions as Your Health Changes
- Eldercare Mediation
- End-Stage Renal Disease
- Funeral Planning
- Grief and Grieving
- Grief Counseling
- Grief: Dealing With Feelings of Insecurity
- Grief: Helping Children Understand
- Grief: Helping Teens With Grief
- Grief: Losing a Loved One
- Grief: When Major Loss Challenges Your Beliefs
- Hospice Care
- Living Will
- Medicare Hospice Benefit
- Pain Control at the End of Life
- Palliative Care
- Physician-Assisted Death
- Prolonged Grief
- Psychiatric Advance Directives
- The Difference Between Hospice and Palliative Care
- Turning Off Your ICD
- Writing an Advance Directive
- Your Health Care Agent: How to Choose Someone
- Kidney Failure: Should I Start Dialysis?
- Advance Care Planning: Should I Have Artificial Hydration and Nutrition?
- Advance Care Planning: Should I Receive CPR and Life Support?
- Advance Care Planning: Should I Stop Kidney Dialysis?
- Advance Care Planning: Should I Stop Treatment That Prolongs My Life?
- Kidney Failure: What Type of Dialysis Should I Have?
- Kidney Failure: When Should I Start Dialysis?