Every year, we are awestruck by the generosity of organizations, families and individuals who want to help the kids at Mott during the holiday season. It’s a beautiful reminder of the kindness of the human spirit.
Your donations help us bring cheer to our Little Victors year round but, this time of year in particular, they help us make our annual “Mott Toy Shop” possible. Many of the parents of our Little Victors are reluctant to leave their child’s bedside for five minutes, let alone enough time to brave crowded stores for holiday shopping. Many also feel the weight of financial challenges. The Mott Toy Shop helps these parents still give their child a holiday experience even while spending their holiday in the hospital.
If you’re interested in making a holiday donation to Mott, here are some things you should know:
- We’ve made our list (and checked it, twice!). We want to make sure your gift can make the biggest impact for the kids at Mott, so we have prepared a “wish list” to assist you in planning your gift for the kids at Mott. Mott Children’s Hospital is also registered at Amazon and Target. These gift registries are kept up to date to help us fill the current needs of our patients and families. To search for our registry, please use first name: Mott, last name: Hospital.
- Gift Guidelines. Before purchasing a gift, be sure to review our list of Toy and Gift Safety Guidelines.
- Delivering your gifts. In order to sort, inventory, and prepare for our Mott Toy Shop event for patients and families, donations will be accepted through Saturday, Dec. 15, 2018. For your convenience, you can schedule a drop-off by emailing us or calling 734-764-1260. If you miss the holiday deadline, we will begin accepting donations for 2019 starting Wednesday, Jan. 2.
- Gift cards can be an easy option. Because storage space for toys and gifts is limited, you can help us by donating gift cards, instead of traditional toys. Gift cards allow us to maximize your gift because they provide our staff with the flexibility to make “on-demand” toy purchases – personalizing each gift a patient receives.
- No time to shop? No problem! Monetary gifts give us the ability to provide activities and programs for patients and families throughout the year. Every item purchased by the Child & Family Life team for use with Mott patients & families is funded 100 percent through generous donations. Click here to make a monetary donation.
Gifts in-kind and gift cards can be mailed to:
C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital
1500 East Medical Center Drive
UH South – F2519, SPC 5253
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5253
If you would like to schedule a time to deliver your in-kind donations to Mott, please contact us at 734-764-1260 or email@example.com.