Updated May 20, 2022
We post daily weekday snapshots here of our current COVID-19 testing and inpatient numbers, and a weekly infographic showing COVID-19 inpatients categorized by vaccination status and the existence of underlying conditions.
For University of Michigan campus data, see the U-M COVID-19 Data dashboard.
Testing and Hospitalizations
As of May 20, 8:00 am
- Total patients tested for COVID-19 at Michigan Medicine since the pandemic began (includes pending tests): 395,718
- Total positive tests: 23,080
- Tests pending (waiting for results): 50
- Current inpatients that are COVID-19 positive:46
- Pediatric patients that are COVID-19 positive: 11
- Total COVID-19 patients discharged to date: 5,450
- COVID-19 patients discharged yesterday: 14
National COVID-19 Data: For COVID-19 data for the U.S., including case numbers, hospitalization rates, hospital capacity, and more, visit the Cases, Data, and Surveillance page on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
Type of COVID-19 Patient
The infographic below shows the University of Michigan Health COVID-19 patient count for the date shown by:
- Vaccination status (vaccinated or unvaccinated)
- Type of treatment needed (hospitalized, intensive care or on a ventilator)
- Whether the patient has one or more of the following * : significant underlying lung disease, immunocompromised, age 65 or older
Data for May 19, 2022
- Total patients hospitalized (includes 9 pediatric patients): 45 (25*)
Vaccinated: 28 (*6)
Vaccinated plus booster: 20 (19*)
Unvaccinated: 17 (0*)
- Patients in the ICU: 4 (*2)
Vaccinated plus booster: 2 (*2)
- Patients on ventilators: 0
Vaccinated plus booster: 0
For FAQs for Michigan Medicine employees, visit the FAQs: COVID-19 page on Michigan Medicine Headlines.
March 5, 2020 - March 21, 2022
- Total COVID-19 tests for Michigan Medicine employees: 88,090
- Total Michigan Medicine employees tested for COVID-19 since March 5, 2020: 23,261
- Total positive tests: 6,374
- Michigan Medicine employees hospitalized for COVID-19: 45
Vaccinations at Michigan Medicine
As of April 11, 2022
Total COVID-19 Vaccine Doses at Michigan Medicine: 204,393
Number of Individuals Vaccinated Through Michigan Medicine: 95,558
State of Michigan data: For detailed vaccine distribution data by region and county within the state of Michigan, visit the COVID-19 Vaccine Dashboard page on the Michigan.gov site.