The C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital Craniofacial Anomalies Program has created the following resources to support families during their treatment. For more information or to make an appointment with one of our specialists, please call 877-475-MOTT (1-877-475-6688).
Cleft lip and cleft palate resources:
- Rhinoplasty/septoplasty post-operative instructions
- Pharyngoplasty post-operative instructions
- Cleft lip post-operative instructions
- Cleft palate post-operative instructions
- ACBG post-operative instructions
- VIDEO: Preparing for cleft palate surgery
Hotels and Accommodations
Click here for a partial list of hotels and other lodging in Ann Arbor that offer discounts for patient's families. To reach the Patient & Visitor Hotel Accommodations Program, call (800) 544-8684 or (734) 936-0135.
External resources for families
- Wide Smiles - A quarterly magazine for families of children born with cleft or other craniofacial deformity. The magazine provides useful information, inspiration and support. For more information, call (209) 942-8212.
- Early On - Early intervention services for infants and toddlers are available across Michigan. For more information about evaluations and services, call your local intermediate school district or Project Find at (800) 252-0052
- American Cleft Palate Craniofacial Association - A professional organization that includes 27 different disciplines. It offers conferences, medical journals, booklets and CLEFTLINE for parents of newborns, (800)-24-CLEFT.
- About Face - An international information and support organization for people with facial difference and their families. Resources include a bi-monthly newsletter, parent support training, books, videos, and a lending library. For more information, contact Pam Onyz at (800)-225-FACE.
- Children's Craniofacial Association - A non-profit organization dedicated to providing and supporting a network to meet the medical, financial, and emotional needs of craniofacial patients and their families. For more information, call (800) 535-3643.
- Family Support Network of Michigan - A network of parents who have children with special needs. The network offers peer support and information on Children's Special Health Care Services. For more information, contact the Parent Hotline at (800) 359-3722.
- MUMS - A national parent-to-parent organization for parents or care providers of a child with any disability, disorder, chromosomal abnormalities, or health condition. MUMS provides support by matching parents with other parents whose children have the same condition. For information, call (414) 336-5333.
Take the next step:
Schedule an appointment by calling us at 877-475-MOTT.