Your satisfaction is extremely important to Mott and the Congenital Heart Center, so please us them know how we are doing by sharing your appreciation, comments, suggestions and/or concerns in the following ways.
COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS:
- Ask your nurse for a comment card specific to your child’s floor and complete it prior to discharge.
- Complete the patient satisfaction survey that is mailed to you after discharge.
- Provide immediate feedback in the “Tell us what you think” section of GetWellNetwork
At Michigan Medicine, our goal is to provide the best experience possible, so when we fall short of your health care expectations we want to know about it.
- If you have concerns about any aspect of your child’s care while at Michigan Medicine talk to your nurse and medical team.
- If your health care providers are not able to promptly resolve your concerns, Patient Relations and Clinical Risk is available to assist. Patient Relations and Clinical Risk is open Monday through Friday during regular business hours (877-285-7788 or 734-936-4330).
- After hours, the House Manager is available upon request and may be contacted by your nurse or the unit Charge Nurse.
- If at any time you feel that your loved one’s medical condition is rapidly getting worse and you don’t feel you are being heard, pick up any hospital phone and call the Family Initiated Rapid Safety Team (FIRST) by dialing 141. Tell the operator:
- “I want to activate the Rapid Safety Team.”
- Your name and relationship to the patient
- Patient’s name
- Room number
- For more information or to submit an on-line comment/concern visit http://www.uofmhealth.org/contact-us/feedback