Outreach and information resources for children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing and their families
The Audiology Clinic at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital is committed to supporting families of children with hearing loss. Guided by the core principles of Patient and Family Centered Care, our mission is to foster a caring and collaborative culture to improve outcomes for children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing while enhancing the patient and family experience .
Our core values are:
- providing outreach and information resources to connect families of children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing to education, peer groups, and other support services
- building mutually beneficial partnerships between patients and their families, educators, and health care professionals
Our Pediatric Audiology Patient and Family Centered Outreach Program offers a wide range of support services for patients and families, including:
- providing information about hearing loss, communication options, and related services
- assisting in applying for Children’s Special Health Care Services for hearing aid coverage
- making referrals to receive specialized services for children who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing through the Early On Program (for children ages birth to 3 years) or other school programs
- providing families with opportunities to collaborate with staff, faculty, and students to improve their child’s health care experience
- working with your local education system to facilitate classroom accommodations to improve access to instruction
- connecting your family to local peer-to-peer support groups such as Guide-By-Your Side, Michigan Hands & Voices, and A. G. Bell
- guiding your family to other University of Michigan support areas such as Social Work, Child Life, or the Guest Assistance Program
- locating local opportunities to network with families of children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- finding the answers to other questions you may have related to childhood hearing loss and communication options
Take the next step.
Contact us at 734-232-5759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.