Our goal is to help each of our patients achieve the best possible outcomes with minimal limitations to their quality of life.
Due to the unique experiences these children encounter, they require a dedicated team with specialized expertise in the full range of treatment options.
The C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital Colorectal Surgery Program team offers advanced surgical care and post-operative management of children with colorectal disorders, supporting children and their families at each step of the way.
Treatment options may include:
- Appendicostomy and cecostomy tube placement for bowel management
- Bowel management for fecal incontinence and constipation
- Colostomy procedures
- Minimally invasive and open surgical correction of imperforate anus, Hirschsprung disease, and cloacal anomalies
- MRI guided surgery for imperforate anus
- Rectal prolapse management
- Revision surgery for colorectal anomalies
We are committed to going beyond treatment and management of symptoms to supporting your child throughout childhood and even into adulthood as they deal with any medical, developmental and psychosocial challenges of living with colorectal issues.
Discover the Michigan Difference in pediatric colorectal surgical care.
For more information or to make an appointment, call 1-877-475-MOTT.