Community Health Services’ goal is to improve the health of our communities by:
- Caring for the Health of Our Children: Providing clinical services and programs that support healthy behaviors of our children and adolescents.
- Promoting the Health of Our Families: Supporting the spectrum of chronic and acute health care in our area by implementing community health education, promotion and clinical programs and services.
- Protecting Health and Quality of Life for Older Adults: Addressing specific needs of our older adults and homebound residents to address hunger and food insecurity, health and housing counseling and assistance.
- Improving Mental Health Support & Reducing Substance Abuse: Improving mental health and substance abuse through prevention and by ensuring access to appropriate, quality mental health services and supports.
- Developing Future Health Leaders: Providing training to health care providers and students on evidence-based models, best practices, and culturally appropriate care to increase knowledge and provide experience for addressing the needs of our diverse population.
“To lead Michigan Medicine in improving access, equity and health outcomes in the Community and for those we serve.”
By 2025, our communities will have access to high- quality, innovative, equitable and responsive services that support comprehensive health and well-being.
- Integrate Community Health with Clinical Operations
- Address the Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) Priorities
- Build local, regional and statewide partnerships to address SDOH
- Develop and Promote the Community Health Services Brand
- Demonstrate Operational Excellence
- Establish New Growth Opportunities to Foster Sustainability
Since 1997, Community Health Services aligns community-based programs and services with Michigan Medicine and our community partners. Our programs and services span the spectrum of health education, promotion and clinical care and support efforts to improve quality of life and provide opportunities for residents to stay active, healthy and connected to our community.
Alfreda Rooks, MPA, Director of Community Health Services
Alfreda Rooks works to advance the important mission to identify creative solutions to address the various health and social needs of the community. In this role, she leads efforts to improve health outcomes and equity of care through a range of programs and services that address the social determinants of health. These factors include access to: safe housing, transportation, income, education and healthy foods which provide a profound impact on the health-related inequities of various populations.
Marketing & Events Coordinator