Art has a unique power to help many children express, create and heal in an open and supportive environment.
At C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital, our board-certified art therapists provide art therapy to patients and families. Art Therapy can be performed bedside or in small groups. Each art activity is designed to focus on our patients’ strengths and interests. Activities are personally tailored to provide meaningful and memorable experiences for each patient.
Art therapy can help patients and families:
- Cope with the hospital experience
- Express themselves and enjoy the creative process
- Focus thoughts away from pain and discomfort
- Enhance self-esteem and worth through creating
- Relieve fear and anxiety
- Establish a sense of control of their environment
- Build connections with staff and family
- Utilize time in a meaningful and purposeful way
- Provide a creative outlet for caregivers to recharge
- Have fun!
Our art therapists work with patients at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital as well as at Milestones, one of our outpatient rehabilitation facilities.
Take the next step:
For more information about art therapy or other Child and Family Life services at C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital, please contact us at 734-936-6519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.