We do allow groups (and individuals) to visit Mott in order to provide entertainment to our patients. We also allow school groups to visit Mott for educational purposes.
Please review the Group Visitor Guidelines
- All community visits must be screened, approved and scheduled in advance.
- Visitors must be met in the lobby by the tour coordinator, escorted to sign in with the Community Relations Department, wear a Mott Visitor identification badge, and be accompanied by UMHS staff while in the hospital.
- You will not visit patients in their rooms or visit active treatment areas. Visits will be scheduled to occur Monday – Friday between the hours of 10am and 4pm and should last approximately one hour. All of this depends on the continued availability of areas scheduled to visit.
- Please respect patient confidentiality and privacy. Do not ask a patient, their family or staff to share information related to the patients’ personal, psychosocial
- According to infection control policies, visitors must be at least 16 years old and in good health. Anyone who has experienced exposure to or has symptoms of flue, measles, mumps, hepatitis, chicken pox, fever, rash, diarrhear or vomiting within the past four weeks may not visit.
- The ability to visit scheduled areas depends on patient flow and if there is an emergency that portion of the tour may have to be cancelled. We reserve the right to cancel any part of the tour, or the tour altogether, for any reason.
- Tour groups may not exceed twenty members.
- Please consider how the medical environment may affect your visit. If you begin to feel ill or emotional, please speak with your UMHS staff group leader, as some guests find that they are not be prepared for the impact that seriously ill or severely injured children create.
Mott Community Relations
C.S. Mott Children's Hospital, F2519
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
Ann Arbor , MI 48109-0253
Office hours: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday