Group Tours and Visits
Thank you for your interest in having your group visit University of Michigan C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital and Von Voigtlander Women’s Hospital.
According to infection prevention policies, visitors must be at least 16 years old and in good health and must be accompanied by a parent or guardian of at least 18 years old at all times. Anyone who has experienced exposure to or has symptoms of flu, measles, mumps, hepatitis, chicken pox, fever, rash, diarrhea or vomiting within the last four weeks may not visit. Please be aware additional health screening questions may be asked at the time of visit and may prohibit visitation.
Size of group visits
Typically groups are limited to 9 people – including chaperones. Anything larger would be approved at our discretion.
Parking for groups
Visitor parking is typically available in the parking structure labeled P2. Please plan on parking there and entering the hospital through the Taubman entrance (by Big Bird). We encourage groups to carpool or arrive via public transportation as parking spaces are in high demand for our patients and their families. View maps and parking information.
Visiting patient rooms and patient privacy
Please respect patient confidentiality and privacy. Groups should not expect to visit patients in their rooms. Please do not ask a patient, patient family member, or staff to share information related to the patients personal, psychosocial, or medical needs.
Entertaining and performing for patients and families
Approvals for entertainment are based on developmental appropriateness of the activity for all of our patients and families. We seek out entertainment that augments and supports the activity services we provide each and every day to our patients. Hospitalized children may have decreased enthusiasm secondary to their illness/injury. Please consider how necessary participation is for your visit and understand that children may come and go during your event.
Groups will not be allowed to take photos/videos during their visit without prior consent of the Department of Communications (734-764-2220).
Additional Do’s and Don’ts
- Do have all gifts, food and non-food items approved by Community Relations staff before you arrive.
- Do make sure all food is commercially prepared, nut free and in original packaging.
- Do adhere to building restrictions at all times.
- Do wear appropriate clothing. Dress in a casual but professional manner.
- Do wear non- frightening, appropriate costumes – faces should be unmasked and theatrical make-up free.
- Don’t wear perfume, cologne, or highly fragranced lotions or body spray.
- Don’t bring latex balloons into the hospital due to allergy concerns and choking hazards.
- Don’t use threatening themes at your event such as separation, abandonment, fear, illness, mutilation, death and inappropriate gestures. Avoid emotional songs, stories, or plays that may evoke strong feelings of sadness, anger, etc.
- Don’t bring fire, sharp objects, or play weapons as part of your performance.
Take the next step: