Designed by families and health care professionals, the Family Center is dedicated to meeting a family’s special needs in a comfortable and relaxing environment. Here, staff and volunteers offer accurate and timely information, education and support, and foster a cooperative relationship between a family and their health care team.
Families benefit whether a child is staying at Mott Children’s Hospital, preparing to go home or being seen at an outpatient clinic. The Family Center’s services and programs offer additional opportunities for families to learn to care for their child as well as other family members and themselves. In addition it offers families an ability to communicate with a multidisciplinary staff and others outside the hospital, and to face the future with confidence.
The Family Center offers:
- A comfortable environment where a family can take a break, think and relax
- A consultation room for private conversations and meetings
- Books and magazines for adults, teens and children
- Educational materials, pamphlets and audio/visual recordings
- Family education room
- Internet access and computer-assisted instruction
- Scheduled and specially-arranged classes
- Special events
- Sibling support programs (seasonal)
- Guest Assistance Program (GAP) services
- Information about joining the Patient & Family Centered Care Volunteer Program
The center is open 7 days a week; hours vary. For more information, call 734-764-6874 or e-mail email@example.com.
Sibling Drop-Off Program
Our Sibling Program creates a safe and supervised environment where your children can let out some energy and have fun! Each week includes time on our outdoor playdeck (weather permitting), arts and crafts, movies and even a snack.
We are open seven days a week throughout the summer, 1- 4 p.m. Siblings must be at least 3 years old, potty trained and have a Mott Healthy Child Sticker.
Parents must remain on-site at the Health System.
Activity programming on the weekends vary. Visit the Family Center to see what's happening this weekend, or call 734-764-6874.
Off-site Excursions Offered through the Family Center
All these attractions are just a short distance from the hospital. Ask a Family Center staff member for more information.
- The Ann Arbor YMCA offers free day passes for Mott families
- Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum offers free admission to Mott families. See a Family Center staff or volunteer for admission information.
- A visit to the Domino's Petting Farm is free for Mott families.