The University of Michigan Child Protection Team (CPT) is a multidisciplinary team dedicated to improving the identification and treatment of abused and neglected children.
The Child Protection Team promotes the safety of children and families by strengthening and coordinating the community’s response to child maltreatment issues. Our staff works with Children’s Protective Services (Michigan Department of Human Services), law enforcement, and the judicial system in order to ensure the best possible outcomes for children and their families.
The Child Protection Team provides:
- Coordination and integration of resources, services, and support for families
- Consultation to physicians and other professionals regarding child maltreatment issues
- Inpatient consultations at the University of Michigan
- Outpatient clinic evaluations at U-M’s SCAN (Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect) Clinic at both C.S. Mott Children’s Hospital and the Washtenaw Child Advocacy Center
- Training for medical professionals, Department of Health and Human Services personnel and other community providers of child welfare services
- Expert testimony
- Collaboration with child abuse prevention programs
The team is composed of pediatricians who are board-certified in Child Abuse Pediatrics, a clinical coordinator, a social worker, and an office coordinator.
For more information, please call 734-763-0215 or our toll free number, 855-264-9763.