FOR LIFE THREATENING EMERGENCIES, PLEASE CALL 9-1-1
All of our General Pediatric Clinics have a doctor or nurse on call after business hours 365 days per year. We are happy to provide this service for our established patients.
To speak to a doctor or nurse after hours, call your child’s health center and you will be transferred to the answering service. One of the operators will take your child’s information and will page the doctor or nurse on call.
Advice about routine care and non-urgent problems will only be addressed during regular business hours.
What to expect:
- Your call will be returned by the doctor or nurse within 30 minutes
- Advice about home care for illnesses, injuries, and other urgent problems
- Advice about when to seek additional care at an emergency department or urgent care
For life threatening/serious illness or injury please go to the nearest emergency department. You do not need to call us for permission.
What not to expect:
- To talk to your child’s specific provider
- To talk to a provider from your child’s health center
- To schedule or cancel appointments
- To refill prescriptions
- To have antibiotics or other prescriptions called in
Please note, the doctor or nurse returning your call may or may not have access to your child’s medical records at the time the call is returned.