When you learn your baby has a congenital anomaly, it's common to feel overwhelmed by all of the information and questions you will be presented with. We’re here to support you with the information and resources needed to provide the best possible outcome for you and your baby. Our video library was created to provide answers to many frequently asked questions from parents. If you have any questions about your treatment plan, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 1-800-211-8181and ask to speak with one of the nurses at the Fetal Diagnosis & Treatment Center.
Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH)
- What is a congenital diaphragmatic hernia?
- Prenatal care for a baby with congenital diaphragmatic hernia
- Delivery of a baby with congenital diaphragmatic hernia.
- How is a congenital diaphragmatic hernia surgically repaired?
- What is gentle ventilation.
- When is ECMO used for babies with congenital diaphragmatic hernia?
- Pulmonary hypertension in babies with congenital diaphragmatic hernia
Congenital Pulmonary Airway Malformation (CPAM)
- What is congenital pulmonary airway malformation (CPAM)?
- Prenatal care for a baby with a CPAM
- Delivery of a baby with a CPAM
- What are the treatment options for a baby with a CPAM if hydrops develops?
- Why does a CPAM need to be removed if there are no symptoms?
Neural Tube Defects / Spina Bifida
- What is spina bifida?
- Prenatal surgery for a baby with spina bifida
- Delivery of a baby with spina bifida
- How do we treat spina bifida after a baby’s birth?
- What is hydrocephalus?
Congenital Heart Conditions
- What is hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS)?
- Prenatal care for a baby with hypoplastic left heart syndrome
- Overview of fetal cardiac interventions for HLHS
- Fetal intervention for HLHS with a restrictive atrial septal defect (ASD)
- Fetal intervention for critical aortic stenosis
- Delivery of a baby with hypoplastic left heart syndrome
Twin-to-twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS)
- What is twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS)?
- Prenatal care for babies with twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome
- Delivery of babies with twin-to-twin transfusion syndrome